Sign in to follow this  
Light

Donors and Custom Gear

Staff
Posted (edited)

Hey everyone I felt like I should post something about this since so many different sides and opinions on the subject. Yes WoWscape has custom donation gear that is better than the best gear available in wrath of the lich king. This gear was a big part of WoWscape back in the day and it has been planned for this relaunch since the beginning.

The thing we want players to understand is that there is always a balance game when it comes to custom gear that was never intended. What we want players to understand is that this gear is never finalized we are always adjusting and balancing the gear and weapons slowly to bring things into a more balanced playing field while still making it worth someones time to obtain this gear. I have played on private servers and retail a lot in my WoW career and have seen private servers over due custom gear to the point if you didn't have it you were dead. What we want players to understand that it may never be perfect but this gear is a lot more down to earth than almost any other gear I have seen. 

Another thing I wanted to point out that is a big problem from all the players is you need to understand that the game was and never will be balanced in pvp. That is why blizzard gave up and went to stat templates to try and calm down the amount of balancing through gear they had to do. Wrath was a point in WoW life when melee were the kings of pvp. Sure you could do some serious damage but melee always was a step ahead. We are trying to balance the gear the best that we can but there is always gonna be a strong and weak class in pvp and pve. 

The other big thing is new players we obviously do not want new players to feel hopeless but we have a few different ways to catch up without pvping if you do no wish to deal with the damage. Thing is pvp has ALWAYS been unbalanced to new players people starting in pvp would be rolled through by S8 and shadowmourne melee. It's easy to blame the gear but there is always going to be a stronger player. This is again why blizzard made gear not matter in pvp and added the stat templates. I suggest if you are a new player and really want to pvp do NOT join your T8 with the mind set of surviving even a wrathful player resilience is a big thing. Just farm away your honor do what you can to support your team a little stun or heal can help a lot more than you think you may die a lot but one day you will be the one on top enjoying yourself while watching new players struggle up the ladder as you did. Also remember you can pve for your honor if you wish! Lot of the five mans from Burning Crusade are soloable or done with a friend or two and the raids are even more rewarding and require a decent group. 

We only have a small team working on each aspect of the game at the moment and a lot of things are being done behind the curtains. A lot of cool things are coming. I don't want players to feel like the gear is broken and you will never be able to over come the donors in their spectral but changes are always being done and working as a team can overcome a lot of the gear.  Please do not bash donor because they have this gear they are just playing the game too. After all the server has bills and they are helping keep this server up and running so we all can enjoy it and play together like old times. 

Yours truly,

Light

Edited by Light

I feel like the biggest problem right now is the sheer number of donor characters that have appeared since the gears release. Sometimes you find 50% of the online population are full donors. There was a point where everyday you were seeing a new random player you'd never seen before as full donor out of the blue. I've always wondered if it may have been better to release it a bit later on when the servers built a solid base?

Staff
9 hours ago, binfieldx said:

I feel like the biggest problem right now is the sheer number of donor characters that have appeared since the gears release. Sometimes you find 50% of the online population are full donors. There was a point where everyday you were seeing a new random player you'd never seen before as full donor out of the blue. I've always wondered if it may have been better to release it a bit later on when the servers built a solid base?

There has always been a high number of donors you just didn't notice as much because there was no pvp going on to bring these issues into the light. The other thing is this gear was always planned and was suppose to come out with the launch. A lot of players were waiting for the custom gear before they joined. The biggest issues is first people thinking going into pvp with t8 is going to get your far and that the teams sometime gets stacked with donors. I've played quite a bit of pvp and it is pretty easy to shut down a donor if you are a good player or have a friend with you. The next big issue is there are not many healers so once one team gets a healer it throws the balance off which is again why blizzard introduced role ques for bgs.  The gear is a lot less of a issue then people think and just an easy target for dying to a donor. Like I said melee were kings in this patch s8 and shadowmourne would ruin your day back then too. 

Staff

Also i would like to note that it is possible to get Donor Points during certain events and such inside the server. 

Staff
On 8/22/2018 at 2:47 PM, Kadynce said:

Also i would like to note that it is possible to get Donor Points during certain events and such inside the server. 

Exactly this we will make sure that over time you can get this gear too. That is exactly why vote gear is around in both the store and through in game means. There is a lot going on behind the scenes we see the issues but it is one step at a time. 

if you are reading this first to SS and send it to me wins 5 dp 😉